Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Friday, March 1, 2013

This is probably a can of worms, sorry if I offended you- you must be married and in your twenties.


"Your 20's are your selfish years. It's a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little and never touch the ground" - Kyoko Escamilla

Damn straight. Now that is what I am doing. I tried to settle down and I couldn't. I am not ready for any of it. I want to explore without having to think that I have a husband and a child that need me to be around.

I want to tell stories. I want to have a collection of photographs that show what I have seen and I want to be able to say that I have met people who are entirely different to what I would be exposed to if I stayed at home. I want to be able to say that it's possible to be nomadic, and enjoy it in this world that seems to demand stability.

So I do think that someone who is on the other end of the scale might read this and call me bitter. (Go ahead, really) I'm not bitter at all, I just know that if we had to swap places... I would not be as happy as you.
 I also know that I have friends who are in a similar position as me and we seem to feel a bit isolated at times, because we seem to be the outliers. Let me tell you, being an outlier isn't a bad thing at all. I have had the time of my life when I was forced to be an outlier and now I don't really want to be part of the group anymore.
When you notice that everyone around you is getting engaged, married and having kids and you're not there yet... Just remember, you have the time to do those things that you can only do in your twenties before real responsibility kicks in and we have to be all grown up.












No comments:

Post a Comment