Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The rules in Hong Kong

So after being here for two weeks, I have learnt a few things...
  1. People Speak Cantonese, not Chinese... Don't sound like an ignorant westerner...
  2. Just keep walking. People bump into you, you walk into people. If you're too polite you'll stay in the same place the whole day.
  3. Bargain where you can... Don't even think of trying in places where you can't (or shouldn't)
  4. No map? good luck, not everyone will help with directions.
  5. It use to be a British colony, no fish and chips here, unless you make it!
  6. You're fashionable if you wear something fluffy... Fluffy leg warmers are really trendy...
  7. Winter isn't really winter... It's not that cold... And don't think about looking at what the people are wearing before you go outside... I died of heat the first week...
  8. Wet markets are way better than the grocery store when you want fruit and veggies
  9. If you're going to be impatient, stay at home, no one's in a rush.
  10. and last but not least, do NOT go to Causeway Bay on a weekend!!
I have to be honest I haven't really gone exploring that much yet as the huge amount of people scare me, I've never been a fan of crowds... But as i still have two and a half months to look around... Why the rush?

1 comment:

  1. At least you will miss the worst of the winter in NY. Geseënde Kersfees sus!

    ReplyDelete