Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

...and then it hit me...

It's strange how life works.
I'm in two minds about this whole business to be honest.
One the one side I feel that I'm behind on the 'schedule' but on the other, I keep on thinking that I took the road less traveled and I can't compare it to what's going on at home or among people my age, since many of them are definitely not in the same position as me.

It's that time in my life where it's baby and wedding season.
Most of my friends are getting married or expecting children or already have children.
Now, I think this is indirect peer pressure, everyone else is doing the socially acceptable thing and here I am, hopping from one country to the next and I don't even think I have completely found my niche yet. 
How do you even consider where you want to live if you've lived and worked in five different counties?

While everyone's doing their 9 to 5 jobs, I'm standing at immigration wondering how long it's going to take before I will recover from jet lag.
While all my friends are trying to find the perfect wedding dress, I'm trying on wedding dresses for shows thinking that I have walked on the runway in these dresses so many times that the thrill of finding a wedding dress one day might not even be as exciting, since it's part of the job. My friends are planning weddings and I'm making more travel plans.
While everyone else is busy decorating their first homes, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fit my life into two bags.
When everyone is getting ready to welcome their bundles of joy into the world, I'm preparing for castings, shows and shoots.

Now, after that depressing description...
I'm glad I don't have to sit in an office doing a job that pays the bills, but gives me no satisfaction.
I hate jet lag. No denying that. I hate immigration too come to think of it, but I get to discover new countries, cultures in more depth than most who just go on holiday.
The wedding dress issue, well, get one made... No need to go look. Sorted.
Who needs a house when the world is a playground of possibility?
Home is where the heart is.

I'm glad I chose the route less traveled, it makes me appreciate the small things and the wonderful people in my life even more..
I'm chasing my dreams and I'm living my life fully. I'm not saying that those who are settling aren't living, that's just not what my life is about right now...









3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you know, except for the modeling of course. That was a good read :-)
    Jacques

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes...

    You've found what strokes you, and so have your friends. Both winning situations.

    Big thing is...have no regrets...

    ps...hope you're well...long time no hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post - and you are on the roller coaster of life! Enjoy it while it lasts. Lot's of time for normal living later.
    Salagatle!

    ReplyDelete