Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Comfort vs growth...

The wonders of a comfort zone. It's like a good blanket that provides warmth on a cold night.
Comfort zones are awesome, there are very few challenges... But to me that would sound like utter sheer boredom.

So this year I decided that my new year's resolution is to not have a comfort zone, since all the others are actually just a waste of effort. Most of them are forgotten after a week anyway.


The idea of not having a comfort zone sounded like a step in the right direction for personal growth... Not too mention brave, daring and slightly reckless... Now it just feels like a whole bunch of hard work and obstacles...

After four months into the year, without a comfort zone and the boundaries that come with it, I'm rather stressed. Who knew not having stability is so exhausting? A very naive question that us romantics ask.

One good thing about this whole scenario is that there's only eight months left and that the whole experience will make most mountains dwindle into mole's heaps...(that's what I'm hoping for anyway)

Exit,pursued by the bear.

2 comments:

  1. Paddington bear? :-)

    Everyone needs an escape, or comfort zone as you put it. Otherwise things might just get out of hand and you could have trouble on your hands.

    It's nice to be carefree and wreckless, but sanity should prevail in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exit pursued by the bear, is from the book Spud, the Guv (Spud's English teacher)always says it... I couldn't resist.

    Well, I won't say that my lack of a comfort zone is really leading to irresponsible behaviour, I refer to the chaos of travelling and not really getting comfortable in one country.
    And it feels reckless since I cannot really say where I'm going to be in three months time.
    I hope to remain sane during the whole experience, it is a tad emotionally draining...

    ReplyDelete