Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Monday, April 18, 2011

Sleep...

It's one of those nights again...
My insomnia is back...
It could be that my brain is too busy processing thoughts about thoughts, which is really upsetting since all I can think of is a good night's rest. The one thing that evades me.


Insomnia is a gross feeder.  It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking.  ~Clifton Fadiman



I've tried watching the boring movies, but that doesn't help much either since I just become a zombie or feel like a zombie...


When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake.  ~From the movie Fight Club, based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk


Some people see sleep as death's baby brother, personally I think lack of sleep is related closer to death than sleep... Not sleeping enough is the death of a productive mind, even though I know Einstein rarely had more than four hours sleep a night. 
(But since I barely grasped the theory of relativity, I don't think that I can claim to have the sheer genius to stay awake at night)

Fighting insomnia is a losing battle most nights.
I chose  the easy route tonight... Drug it away. It doesn't solve the problem, but it surely treats the symptoms. 


Maybe I will have some sweet release and a well rounded life if I get my 40 winks tonight.


We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

The Tempest



Maybe one day, I will be able to sleep like this little guy. for now, I'm just jealous

No comments:

Post a Comment