Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dining alone...

What is the utmost show of confidence?
The skimpy clothing, the ability to speak up, self acceptance etc, etc, the list really goes on and on.

According to me the biggest sign of self confidence is... Going out to dinner alone...
It's possibly the worst feeling in the world.
The hostess always asks if it's a table for two and as soon as you say one, pity instantly shows in her eyes...
I always wonder why they feel sorry for me, I'm hungry and I'm seriously not in the mood to find someone to join me for dinner.
By the time I finally found a candidate I would be starving and in such a vile mood that everyone will probably prefer to go poke dragons. My mood is inversely proportionate to my hunger... When the hunger's down, my mood is up...

The other thing that always gets to me is when the server takes away the extra cutlery at the table. It's not that I want to stare at all the shiny stuff, the servers always seem to ask: "Just a table for one? No one else joining you?" and then they add a slight shake of the head and as a bonus they tell me I'm too pretty to be dining alone...
Thanks for the compliment, not for the hint.
 Dining alone isn't always such a terrible thing, especially if you choose your restaurant well... Nothing makes you feel more comfortable than a bunch of loners dining alone.

I could probably just avoid this and order take out, but, I need to see some sunlight and sometimes it just feels good to not eat at home all the time...

Dining alone is the new wave of self acceptance according to me.

4 comments:

  1. If I was one of the servers, I might be asking "table for one?" as it would be strange/unusual to see a very pretty young lady, such as yourself, dining alone.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, thank you... but the thing is, just because I'm pretty I'm suppose to have a companion?
    The stereotype kills me... or rather starves me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not necessarily, but it does look unusual to see a pretty lady alone in a restaurant. People are weird in that way.

    I'm not a lady (obviously) and not very pretty (as your brother will tell you) but I quite enjoy dining alone in a restaurant, especially when I'm overseas. I get to see a lot more going on around me and take a great deal of it in so that I get time to jot things down in my travel journal, which I always keep going when I'm overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are weird, agreed...
    I started taking magazines, books etc along to keep me company... Or rather to keep all the questions away...
    I agree it's awesome to just sit and observe everything around you... especially when it's a first trip to a country...

    I don't mind people striking up a conversation, but I do dislike it when they ask silly questions like "what's a girl like you doing in a place like this?"

    ReplyDelete