Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Seriously...

I realised that my blog doesn't seem very serious... I don't mention politics, because I would be depressed for the rest of the year if I try to explain the chaos and confusion that's going on in South Africa.
I don't talk about the news too much, since murder, poverty and AIDS just doesn't seem all too positive either... But guess what... It's time for a change...

I'm not admitting that ignorance is bliss, unfortunately I read the South African newspapers often enough to be thoroughly disgusted and upset, but I just don't think it's worth it to point out all the flaws in a country that has so much potential... If only our leaders would see that too. maybe that's asking too much from someone who thinks that showers can prevent AIDS, corruption is the name of the game and there is no reason to be frugal with the nation's money...

Most people think that the government is a joke... About 2 months ago, there was a big hype about The State of the Nation drinking game. The game involves any beverage of your choice and one of the president's long, winding, useless speeches. Most of his mannerisms, (that proves he's talking rubbish) are considered as a cue to drink... Try doing that for 45 minutes.  I don't think anyone who chose an alcoholic beverage would be able to stand.  There was even a following for it on twitter...

Best of all is the state of the nation will necessarily improve soon, since our current president has very admirable skills in manipulation. He has used religion to sway the 'less informed' masses, which is really below the belt, because who wants to burn in hell? Vote for the ANC and you get a free pass to heaven.

People have been promised the world if they vote for the ANC, but most of these promises if not all have not been fulfilled. How many people still don't have water and electricity? The problem with this is that some people get electricity for free, but those who can afford it have to fork out the cash, unless you want to sit in the dark, which people do anyway,since maintenance of power stations didn't seem like a very important thing to do. Strangely enough, after 17 years of broken promises they still get the votes.

How can you expect change when you continue to do the same thing? The outcome will remain unchanged...
If you're also not willing to take action, how does it give you the right to complain?
If you don't vote then you cannot complain about the current president. (Makes sense right?)

Surely if we stand up against the corruption, the lies, the racism, then there's actually a chance that there might be a positive outcome.
How will we know if we don't attempt it?

Personally I think it's time for everyone to get serious and take action...

2 comments:

  1. We could spend an entire night talking about this posting... :-)

    Essentially, though, unless the nation rids itself of the apathy that pervades our society, and until the (sorry to point it out) black population gets over the "revolution" and stops blaming apartheid for their current problems, not much is going to change here. Sadly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing damages a country more like living in the past.
    Pity that most people who want the revolution are too young to even know what apartheid was like...

    Apartheid has become a scapegoat to all the country's problems... I just don't understand the use of blaming everything on apartheid, it's been 16 years!

    ReplyDelete