Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Friday, April 15, 2011

What if...

What if I decided to not alter the course of my life?
Maybe if I decided to stay in my warm, comfortable little known zone, I would have been happier...

Sometimes when life gets a bit tough, I wonder if I made the right choices.
Was it a good idea to move to the bright lights of NYC or Hong Kong or Singapore? I'm not too sure where I moved to right now... having worked all over the show does that I guess...

I have been fortunate enough to see some new places and discover other cultures in more than just the touristy fashion, Once you've worked in a country for a while, then you see everything it has to offer, not just the shimmering  tourist traps.

I have seen more, explored more and discovered more than most people my age. I have had my own battles to overcome that might not have happened if I remained home.

Was it a good decision? Yes, I think it was, even when I get so angry and upset when things don't work out the way it should. Today might not be the best of days, but there's always hope for a brighter tomorrow.

How else will we grow and reach our potential if we do not rise to the challenge?

2 comments:

  1. The trouble with choices is that the one we make out of the possibilities is ALWAYS the correct choice (even if the consequences are bad), as we would have made a different choice at the time if it wasn't, and then that choice would be the correct one...etc, etc... :-)

    I think you are quite lucky, compared to a whole bunch of people, to have seen and experienced what you have in your travels, just as I have, and we should be thankful for the learning experiences we were given.

    Growth is achieved slowly, like a tree... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy with my choice to be a gypsy...
    Some days are a bit lonely, but it's worth every lay over and stale cup of coffee at the airports...

    People are like trees... They go trough seasons in life, support others around them and their actions will bear fruit...

    ReplyDelete