Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Monday, April 18, 2011

Good bye my pretty...

I need to break the habit...
No, nothing illegal or detrimental really.
I need to get rid of my South African accent...

Parting is such sweet sorrow.
It feels as if part of my identity will be lost along with the accent...



4 comments:

  1. In all honesty and candour, unless it sounds like you come from Brakpan, don't lose the accent. It is recognised all over the world and is an instant conversation piece, as people start to ask you about Mandela and the two other bits of information they know about the place, unless they are Yanks as they don't know anything else about SA (some don't even know where it is!!)

    If you did lose it, what would you trade it for? Scottish is a great accent... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a rather average SA accent, but if I want to do some adverts etc in the US, I have to consider trading it in for an American accent...

    Everyone asks me what part of Australia I'm from and as soon as I say I'm from SA, they are so shocked... Wrong skin tone... Or they ask me how close I am to Brazil...

    I considered Scottish for a few minutes, but then, I decided I will keep my SA accent instead... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not lose the accent - American variations are pathetic and Americans all want 'an accent' so dont go there.
    Stay true to your heritage and yourself

    PS. I know DMD rather well - and I have a had a few drinks or 6 with your brother - thats how I got to here and Im not a stalker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently I'm too stubborn to even lose my accent... Oops...
    I'll just fake it...

    Lol, Thanks for informing me, now I don't have to do a background search... ;)

    ReplyDelete