Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The answer.

I truly discovered  Die Antwoord yesterday.
So slow on the uptake. Sorry people who had a bit more faith in me.

Strangely enough I was told about them by my hairdresser in NYC who has more tattoos than the stereotypical hell's angel and who also has a huge fascination with.... wait for it...

 South African music.

I will not be able to repeat the only Afrikaans phrase that he knows, as it's rather.. rude to put it lightly. (courtesy of Die Antwoord)

Lots of giggles later I must admit that I do like them, they remind me of home and the very awesome sense of humour we have...

3 comments:

  1. They certainly are a part of the culture, and a big part of the Afrikaans music scene. Personally, I am more of a Jack Parow fan... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Zef" seems to be fashionable?!
    Jack Parow is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja, Zef can like to be on a comeback, hey...and, like, some of it is lekka kif, but other stuffs is just plein zef.

    Sorry... :-) Just been on Watkykjy and they are really taking the Zef thing a bit far these days, I think.

    ReplyDelete