Stuff I say...

I don't run after people... It ruins my pretty shoes... How can we expect anything to change, when our actions remain the same? Creator of trouble... Bye, bye kitty... Mondays always need an extra shot of espresso... I don't follow my destiny, I make my destiny... Crazy/Beautiful...
I fell in love with the stars, the beauty of the night....

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The First of Many

Hi all!
Welcome to my world!
Basic introductions are in order I guess.
So this isn't a blog about anyting specific, just... well, my world. So every post will have a different flavour...

I am a fashion model and I'm based in the Big Apple. Right now though, I'm travelling in Asia.
I feel like a modern day gypsy. Never in the same place for more than two months and always planning my next journey and all my belongings fit into my luminous pink luggage. (If you see a girl at the airport with pink luggage, chances are it's me)

Today is my first day back in Singapore after a rather busy fashion week in the Philippines, which was awesome, I might add.  Eleven shows and three shoots later, my feet are killing me, I'm sleep deprived, but the wonder of being part of an amazing fashion show and wearing beautiful creations made with so much care, talent and enthuisiasm makes every blister, cramp and yawn entirely worth it.
That's what this industry is about in my opinion, the appreciation of an art that is so readily expressed in our everyday lives.
 I just tend to forget that when I have a 5 AM call time... I don't do mornings...
Receiving caffeine intravenously seems like a good thing at that time of the morning too, but as that's very questionable behaviour I had to settle for starbucks.
Starbucks or no starbucks, every second was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the pink suitcases are holding out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suitcases are taking the beating quite well, they've developed some character too.

    ReplyDelete